Thursday, March 20, 2008

Our inspiration snatches us up...

A few months back, I got an e-mail from my friend Natasha who had an idea...knitted coffee cozies! Clearly, I ran with it, but I still hadn't made one for her. It's been hanging over my head and I've been wanting to, I just haven't done it yet.



Dan keeps an eye on my site for me, since I'm not online very much. I get a text from him yesterday morning, telling me someone bought the black and watermelon coffee cozy.

Our conversation during a call shortly after that went something like this:

K: I wonder who bought it.

D: Oh, you don't know?

K: No. I still need to make Natasha one.

D: Why don't you just give her one you've already made.

K: No, I want to make one special for her...

I packed up the cozy and go to Argo to check online to see who bought it and ship it out. But it was Natasha! Damn! She beat me too it. She said she got antsy and couldn't wait anymore. She lost her old wristband (which gave her the idea) and felt bad using the cardboard sleeves.

So, I've vowed still to make one special for her. In a different style and she can tell me which one works better. Yeah, that's what I'll do. She can be La Femme Monkita's official coffee cozy test monkey.

No comments: