Wednesday, September 24, 2008

It's a shame about Rodrigo Possebon's injury


OK, so I don't really know a thing about Rodrigo Possebon. But I do know that his Manchester United "football" (soccer) team colors are red and yellow.

Why?

Becuase I'm almost done making a custom Manchester United blanket for my friend Liz in Chicago, who's buying it for European-native husband, Tony.

They're due to have a baby in about two months so. After some back and forth, we decided to go forward with a blanket that's a little bigger than your after baby blanket so it could still provide a little warmth to Liz or Tony when they're holding the little one (who will be a soccer fan whether a boy or girl).

We got an official MU patch that will go on the bottom right corner and in the top left corner, I knitted an "MU."

It's not as easy as you would think. Doing a single S for the recent Spartan blanket was one thing. But after this one, I don't think I'll ever again to two letters side-by-side.

From now on, they'll go on top of each other!

Anyway, I tried to make the "M" a little different so it would maybe look a little "cooler" and I ran it by Liz who says that she loves it and that Tony will too.

I should be able to finish it up tonight and now just have to wait for the patch to arrive and then it's off to them in plenty of time for Tony's October birthday.

I'll be sure to post a photo of the finished product when it's all done!

I've got one more custom on deck and then I need to get trying to stock up my shop for the Detroit Urban Craft Fair.

More soon!

Kirsten
La Femme Monkita

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Manchester United Are not red and yellow. They are known as the red Devils and yellow is a color in their crest, however they are usually found in red black white and blue. those are their typical uniform colors. But either way I am sure the blanket will be amazing, I wish i had onem =)

Kirsten said...

Final photos to be posted soon! Way to rain on my parade. :( Just kidding. The blankets new owners are happy with it and I'm excited to drop it in the mail today. One can be all yours too -- custom order one today! Check out my shop at www.lafemmemonkita.etsy.com. :)