Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Gearing up for the big show!

Just thought I would give a little update on all things La Femme Monkita.

I just finished the custom Manchester United blanket for Liz and Tony in Chicago. Their little one is due in a few weeks and Tony's birthday is this week, so Liz wanted to surprise her Irishman with a baby gift that's actually geared toward him. It should arrive in Chicago today, so I hope they like it!

Other than that, I'm just gearing up big time for the Detroit Urban Craft Fair.

Because I finished the MU blanket, I'm now setting out to knit as much as is humanly possible in the next six weeks so I actually have something to sell! Fingers crossed...

I sold my Michigan scarf yesterday to my friend Amanda Jo, who's preparing for a long, cold Boston winter, but that means I need to make another one for the show -- or at least I would like to. (You can see it in my sold items in my Etsy shop under sold items -- for some reason it's not letting me link straight to it).

That's about it! We're just trying to think of everything we can to have fun and have an inviting table. My booth partner and one of my best friends, Jay, is doing her best to get everything ready for her Jennifer Joy Creative line of hand dyed and handmade clothing, accessories and hand dyed and hand spun yarn. She even figured out a way for us to be able to accept credit cards, so that's pretty cool.

Hope to see lots of people out at the show!

Kirsten
La Femme Monkita

No comments: