Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Craft fair burnout



I'm a few days out from the Detroit Urban Craft Fair and I'm still recovering! (Does it mean I'm out of shape if my calves still hurt from standing all day?)

It was great to spend the day with Jay, as each of us did our part to explain the finer points of each others' goods.

Jay had a lot of luck with her coin purses and bags and even sold a few of her mom's great woven bags.

I basically sold out of my coffee cozies and watched many of my scarves, cowls and scarflettes find good homes. Now I will spend the next four weeks building on my remaining inventory for the Detroit Sights and Sounds Holiday Spectacular Dec. 19 at the Magic Stick. I was asked to be one of a dozen vendors at the event, which includes 20 bands and is a fund raiser for C.O.T.S..

Thank you to everyone who came out to the Detroit Urban Craft Fair, including my family, friends, and co-workers. And thanks to Handmade Detroit for putting on such an amazing show and the Detroit Evolution Lab for the amazing food. We pigged out on the portabella mushroom wraps, vegan mac-n-cheese, spicy sweet potatoes, and all kinds of baked goods, including my new favorite -- the fruit and nut nuggets. And I have the feeling I will be trying to duplicate that lemon vinaigrette for a long time.

It was so much fun and I hope I get the chance to do it again next year!

Here are a few pictures Jay took of our booth (it was packed!).





We -- and many others at the DUCF -- also are featured on Detroit Fashion Pages. Check it out!

No comments: